The WCI has 2 major fundraisers each year, one in the spring and one in the fall.
Spring 2018 Benefit Fashion Show: The World is Our Runway – Let’s JaZZ It Up!
The day began at 9:30 am at Stonegate Conference and Banquet Centre, 2401 W. Higgins Rd, Hoffman Estates. A stylish vendor boutique offered shopping options. There was a silent auction, fabulous raffle baskets, and a 50/50 cash raffle. A sumptuous luncheon was served at noon, followed by a stunning runway show of the latest styles. The day concluded at 3:00 pm. Proceeds benefit local philanthropic organizations in our community serving women, children, families and seniors, as well as scholarships for local students.
Stay tuned for more details on this fabulous event!
Fall 2017 Jingle & Mingle Girls’ Night Out
Our fall fundraiser event was a holiday girls’ night out on November 15, from 4:30 – 9:00 pm. The evening featured:
- Complimentary Transformation Lounge – Nordstrom make-up enhancements from Estee Lauder, Sisley, and Hourglass, to name a few
- Chef Demonstrations – 3 Executive Chef’s from local restaurants will demonstrate their specialities, and have samples to taste!
- Shopping with 20+ Boutique Vendors; new vendors this year included: Via Seven (Soft Home Textiles), Urban Tee Party (T-shirts with sayings), Glam & Glitz (Boutique Store Front located in Naperville), Woodland Quilt (Children’s quilts, plush friends, crib sheets), and Vice Versa Hats (Wool, argyle and acrylic hats with fox and raccoon poofs).
- Active Food Stations – Medinah’s fabulous food selections included a pasta station, carving station, salad bar and or course, a dessert bar!
- Diamonds are a Girls’ Best Friend – those who purchased a set of cubic zirconia stud earrings for $25 were eligible to win one of the following: $2500 value diamond earrings, $1000 value diamond earrings, or a CZ sapphire and diamond ring.
- Born to Shop Raffle Trees – eight decorated trees worth $500 each in gift cards, or two $500 cash trees.
- Photographer – our photographer, Jackie, was on stage in the ballroom for a designated period to photograph you and your ‘posse’.
A special thanks to our Fall Fundraiser cast, whose countless hours and creativity made this event happen:
Co-Chairs Karen Kallman and Sue Sadowski
Money Board Chairs Sue Sadowski and Susanne Glazbrook
Data Base Chair Lynette Hillard
Born to Shop Baskets Chairs Tina Bradbury and Pat Kubera
Treasurer Deb Armstrong
Volunteers Chairs Fran Guziel and Pam Panczyk
Transformation Lounge Chair Tricia Gregory